The Tractor Shed
The Tractor shed is largely a new structure that has replaced two connected buildings that formed part of ‘Glebe farm’. It has been home to a 1950’s Ferguson tractor and dry storage for fire wood and logs. Like the existing building it replaced the new building incorporated some early flint walls that originally formed a pigsty. Retaining these walls has brought an historic provenance to the finished building. The new structure is mainly a traditional Oak frame – providing the storage of the original building – housing the Tractor and logs – but additional a first floor that provides a home office to the attic space.
The project has been awarded a Civic Architectural award that recognised the care and detail that has gone into the design and construction praising how it sat comfortably in its setting next to the listed Glebe Farm house.